Monday, October 24, 2016

Hello.... Its Me.... Elder Toot-toot-tot-tot-tooot-toot

Alright. Have you ever seen an African Wasp? No?! GOOD. CUZ HOLY CRAP. I walked into my room after a flippin awesome comp study with Elder Asher, and this HUGE. A. FLIPPIN THING COMES FLYING THROUGH THE WINDOW. SHOOT MAN. So, It was stupid, and started flying into and behind our mosquito net, and for like 20 minutes, we trying to get it out! Nothing was working, so Elder Asher got a language book, AND SMASHED THAT MAMAJAMMA like 11 times! He was dead. Nobody got bit that day, and all were blessed.

Josh said to me in his email, " I KNOW YOURE HIDING STUFF." And YES. YES I AM. You gotta realize, Africa is INSANE. Ive seen things. Ive eaten things. And Ive been called these, that you Americans just, couldnt comprehend. Have you ever seen a lamb castration in the middle of the street, and having it be considered normal? I DONT THINK SO.

BUT. I do have some radical stuff I AM going to share with you! :)

So like Ive said before, EVERYBODY loves God and everybody wants to hear about God. So, Elder Asher and I went out one day to go Save some Souls, and we started giving a lesson to these school teachers. And 1 or 2 of them thought it was interesting, so we gave them our info and thought nothing of it. A few days later, we walked past the same school, and saw one of them, and we went to say hi. He greeted us, and we asked if there was anything we could do for him. So, Im still learning the language, so I just kinda stand there. Im looking at the man, then Asher, then back at the man, then Asher, and then we said "Au Revoir" And went on our way. I asked Asher what he wanted. So, as it turns out, the school doesnt have guards at it, and the man had asked us if during the day we could go be the guards for the school, and he INSISTED that we would be serving God if we watched the school. But when Asher said we couldnt do that, he cursed us. Like, voodoo ish. WELL THAT CURSE DIDNT WORK. Cuz like, we're messengers of God.

Also! We have a couple of Amis and members like, 1 hour away from our apartment, and our lessons ALWAYS run late! Ah... So we always have to take a taxi. So, we were blessed with a taxi pretty fast, and we hop in. I only had a 10,000 franc bill, which is like.... A LOT of money and nobody has change for it. Asher also only had big bills, and a 100 franc coin. But the ride from this area home is usually like, 1000 franc. So we get back to Baguida, and Asher and I are flippin cuz we have no idea how were gonna pay this guy. We get out, and explain our situation to him, and he says "oh, it only costs you 100 franc. You are working for God." And then he drove away. Let me tell you, that taxi driver is a saint.

Ive thought about him a lot. He showed us a LOT of Christ like love that night! people here are POOR. Weve had taxi drivers DRIVE UP the price because they need the money. But that one driver, was a stud. I like that guy a lot.And I hope that I can show that same kind of love to everyone I teach and meet!

SO I GOT ATTACKED BY THE FLIPPING PRIMARY YESTERDAY. It was the primary program, and MAN. if you think AMERICAN primary programs are cute, you should witness and African one! Oh man! It was so Spirit driven and There was SO SO SO much joy in the Church building! Those little kids only know Evee, because they get taught french in school. So, a lot of the primary cant speak french. BUT, for some reason, they HAD to speak french for the program. So, it was SO CUTE and SO SPIRITUAL to see this one little girl go and grab the mic and "Je sais que Jesus-Christ m'aime et j'aime Jesus-Christ. Au nom du Jesus, Amen" Which means "I know that Jesus Christ loves me, and I love Jesus Christ. In the name of Jesus Amen."  That little girl had the gift of toungues! I was quite humbled when that happened. She tried so hard to be able to share her simple testimony in french, and she did! You could see her straining to remember the words she had been taught! WOW! So humbling! It put the words of Christ into perspective to me. That we MUST come unto Him as little children. I know that if we can be as humble and faithful as primary kids, we can have the power of God with us, and that we can do ALL things. Even learn french if youre really bad at it! :)

BUT AFTER CHURCH. Elder Asher and I went to go congratulate the primary on such a stellar program. We found a hose, and we started playing jump rope with the little kids, and some of them were pretty good! but I got up there (Looking like a total boss cuz Elder Vincent doesnt play around) And I Start pulling some double dutch moves on these little Africans! I was spinning, doing cartwheels.... man, I was just being DOOOPPPEE!!! Eventually the person spinning the rope... Asher.... Messed up and it hit me, ending my double dutch streak. That sucked.. but those kids went HAM! They were hooping, and hollering, and wanting to try! BUT FOR SOME REASON, THIS ONE LITTLE KID WOULDNT LET GO OF MY LEG. So I picked him up and put him on my shoulders. I SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT. BECAUSE THEN EVERY OTHER LITTLE KID WANTED TO BE PICKED UP. I like, 20 little kids just hugging me legs, and gripping my arms, and pulling everyway. I thought they were going to kill me. I feared for my life! So I started lifting this kids, and throwing them around, and putting them upside down. Man, THAT WAS A WORKOUT. Holy crap. African kids are light, BUT THAT WAS A MATTER OF QUANTITY. SO, I had to like, run away from the primary kids to finally end the Workout.... but this one little girl WOULD NOT> STOP> FOLLOWING ME. I Had NO idea whos kid she was. You know in Shrek, when donkey is following Shrek, and Shrek gets kind of annoyed, but donkey doesnt realize it? Ya. I was Shrek, and she was Donkey.

OH!
Also! on Wednesday, we went to a training meeting with the Mission President! Oh man, I love that guy! He gave some really good council to all of us, and he gave me some FLIPPIN awesome personal council as well! Hes just so happy, and I KNOW he was called of God to MY Mission President!

I also put myself in a very embarassing situation.
 On Sundays, we go to a members house to eat. So, we went to visit Parfette (Parfette is straight up the homie. She is actually the same person as Andra Anderson if you know her) BECAUSE SHE PROMISED ME SHE WOULD COME TO CHURCH BUT SHE DIDNT. So we went to see what was up and she fed us. Another girl in the Ward named Adele was also over there, and I started singing a bunch of Adele songs... which was not as funny as I thought because she doesnt know who Adele is... BUT We started talking about American music! My forte. My bread and butter. And everyone here actually does know some pretty good music! So they kept asking me to sing a bunch of American songs. Well, I did. But I started doing an accapella part of a song, and Adele recorded it on her phone! I am now her ringtone. And insult to injury, they now refer to me as "Elder Toot toot tooot tot toot". Thats my legacy. The American who cant speak french but can make trumpet noises with his mouth.

This week has been so short! Like REALLY SHORT. I love it out her, and I love these awesome Africans I get to serve everyday!
I love you all and I pray you are strong and healthy. :)

 Love your Akward American who Cant Speak French,
Elder Toot-toot-tot-tot-toot-toot









No comments:

Post a Comment