Ya boy Elder Vincent just out here really feeling it.
This week, one of our nieghbors told me hes going to America, and he asked me what kind of music he should be listening to to prepare him for his voyage.
He asked the right person.
After I gave him a 4 page list of thorough American music, and a brochure on the Restoration, he went and downloaded all of the songs I told him to. He's been a real tender mercy for me, cuz at night he sits up on his roof and BLASTS Bob Marley. Last night he had "3 Little Birds" on repeat for a good hour, but hey I wasnt complaining!
But that story got me thinking. How come people are so willing to learn about the things, but not of Christ? Like, he was SOSOSO happy when I gave him the list of songs and artists, but when I gave him the brochure, he kinda just put it aside. I mean, I was glad that he loved my gift, because it really was heart-felt and music is a really big part of me. When I was in the sector Im humming hymns and just random songs that come to my head. But music isnt gonna get me to the Ceslestial Kingdom.
So this week during my Book of Mormon reading, I read Helaman 14 30-31
30 And now remember, remember, my brethren, that whosoever perisheth, perisheth unto himself; and whosoever doeth iniquity, doeth it unto himself; for behold, ye are free; ye are permitted to act for yourselves; for behold, God hath given unto you a knowledge and he hath made you free.
31 He hath given unto you that ye might know good from evil, and he hath given unto you that ye might choose life or death; and ye can do good and be restored unto that which is good, or have that which is good restored unto you; or ye can do evil, and have that which is evil restored unto you.
And crap man that really hit me.
Its our choice. And gosh dang it Satan is clever. It seems like he's always winning.
BUT THATS WHAT THE MISSIONARIES ARE HERE FOR.
As much as I love music, my favorite song right now is probably the primary song "Army of Helaman".
We are as the Army of Helaman,
We have been taught in our youth, and we will be the Lords missionaries to bring the world his truth.
I'm like a soldier. So thats pretty cool. It makes me feel like I have a lot more meaning, if I say it like that. I am a soldier of God, and He's put me on the front lines.
I love this work and I love these people. I love my companion! We're like Cat-Dog. :)
Je vous aime, touse!!! Merci pour vos priers, et pour vos amour.
Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment