Monday, December 26, 2016

I Should Be Playing in the Winter Snow

This Christmas season, just like the wise words of Justin Bieber,

"I should be playing in the winter snow, but ima be Spreading the gospel and teaching families the true meaning of Christmas all while having REALLY spicy African food shoved down my throat."
hehe

No but really, Christmas here was great. I slept all night, I had members trying to steal all my stuff claiming it would be a present, I got to chastise those members about gratitude, and then still giving them all my stuff because Im a softy.

Really this week was fly! Teaching everyday, sweating everyday. Its always the two at the same time though so thats kinda bugging.... But I love teaching. I love just walking up to people, hearing their story, and just immediately loving them with all my heart. Everyone has a story! When I was at home, I found this word called "Sonder". The words means that everyone is like, their own main character to their own story, and its completely impossible to know 100% about somebodies thoughts, feelings, stories, desires etc.

BUT. If this mission has taught me ONE thing, thats not true.

Our God knows everything about us. He knows our thoughts, our feelings, our desires. He knows us better than we do. SO many times Ive been sitting in lessons, and the Spirit has told me, "Ask this questions." or "Explain this". And after that, the Ami has always been like "Wow, that is exactly what I needed." I know Our Heavenly Father knows His children, and I KNOW He loves them. Through and through.

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and the love. I can feel it everyday :)

Je Vous aime, et bonne fete!

Elder Vincent




No comments:

Post a Comment