Monday, April 17, 2017

I thought I loved Jesus a lot, but man, there's one guy here in Kpalime, Ernest, who REALLY loves Jesus.

We were at a normal rendezvous that we have every Thursday evening. It went well. I helped braid hair. That was cool. But as we started to leave, a guy yelled "YOVO, VENEZ ICI". So, we went over to him, and he asked us why I as in Africa and not at home with all my money and privilege. I explained that I as a missionary for L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Dernier Jours. He invited us in, and his mom, and 2 friends were in in the house too. We gave our presentation, and we didn't have enough Retablissment brochures, (Restoration) so we gave out 1 Retablissment, 1 Gospel of Jesus Christ, 1 Chastity and 1 word of wisdom. Ernest was the one we gave the Word of Wisdom to. So we give a little explanation of all the brochures, took their contacts and started leaving. It was all normal, until I heard it AGAIN. "YOVO, VENEZ." So I turned around, and this time, Ernest was coming to me. And he was TICKED OFF. Ooops. He came up to us with all 4 brochures, and says "Why?" And we were confused. So he shows us the Retablissment and says "Jesus is here" pointing at the picture on the cover.

"Jesus is Here!" pointin g at the Cover of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"Jesus is HERE" pointing at the cover of the Chastity brochure.

Then he shows us HIS brochure, the Word of Wisdom, and he is just PISSED.
"WHERE IS JESUS?"

We gave him, the ONE brochure, that DOES NOT have Jesus on it.

So you know, Ernest loves Jesus!

Saturday was really cool. We had to go really far to teach one of our investigators. She's been coming to church by herself for a really long time. But e get to the house, and, theres, another... church... attached... to the house.... So we asked about that, and she told us that her HUSBAND is a pastor for this church. He wasnt home tho, and we just kept going on with the lesson with her and her 2 sons. All 3 were VERY in tune with the spirit and we had an awesome lesson.

But the rain started.

And the ami said "ALLEZ-Y A L'EGLISE"

So we took our chairs and ran into the church where we finished our lesson.

I taught the restored gospel, in an apostate church. So that as something.

All nations tongues and tribes will hear the word. Man. I love this.

Everyday is an adventure!

I love the Lord. We sang There is a Green Hill Far Away as the Sacrament hymn. I love that song. It reminds me that Jesus Christ died for us. That He blood was shed for us, that He atoned for me. But I love knowing that He LIVES for us. He was resurrected, assuring us, that we're gonna do that to someday! MAN. IM SO EXCITED FOR THAT DAY.

-Elder Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment