I just want all of you to know that some German guy came here to Kpalime, looked at a mountain and said, "You know. I REALLY wanna build a castle on top of that mountain."
And homeboy, freaking, did it.
We have a member who is super tight with the guardians at the castle, so we were able to go up there. It was really cool, and it looks out over all of Kpalime. Super rad!
My heart was full this week! My mom told me something cool, that on the 29th of April, 2016, I opened my mission call.
On the 29th of April, 2017, I had the opportunity to baptise and confirm 9 people, including a whole family and the daughter of a member. it was really cool to see the love and humility these people have. Wow. I cannot describe it to you.
Okay but every missionary kind of secretly hopes when he baptizes someone, that they will start prophecying or speaking in tongues. Just, its a thing. But I baptised a really rad guy named John (He has more faith than I do... He tried buying a plot of land for the church to build a temple in his village... so thats cool.) and wen he came out of the water, HE STARTED SPEAKING A LANGUAGE I DIDNT UNDERSTAND. For a split second, I thought that my convert had started speaking in tounges!
ya.
no.
He was just speaking Evve.
I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love His atonement for me. I love the enabling power of it. I can honestly and firmly say I am not the same person I was 1 year ago when I was opening my call. I can now say I have read the Book of Mormon, cover to cover. I can honestly say I know what the Spirit feels like and I know how He speaks to me.
-Elder Vincent
We dont have a font, so we baptize in a REALLY nasty river. I cut both my feet on rocks. That was cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment