Monday, August 21, 2017

I Heard There Was A Secret Cord

I went to EFY this week. It was pretty rad.
Because Im a fulltime missionary, they asked my companion and I to come and speak about why we chose to serve, and why Christ is so important in our lives.
Ive been out for like, basically a year. I remember why I chose to serve a mission: Cuz everyone else was doing it. I always sang "I hope they call me on a mission." I never understood what a mission was until I was thrown into the middle of Africa and told to cry with those who cry and sing with those who sing. I never understood the love I could have for others. I was following the crowd, bt the crowd was following Christ. 
Im so grateful for this year of tears, sweat, A LOT MORE SWEAT, and sometiems a little bit of blood. But most importantly, I am so grateful for Christ and all that He has done for me. I know that Chirst was a real man that came into this world to die for the sinners. And I know He was ressurrected on the 3rd day, and that He lives! Ive never seen Him. But the Holy Ghost was all like, "Its true." And who am I to deny the Holy Ghost?!
I love the scripture Job 19: 25-26. I know that I will die. But I know that one day I will live again, to see my Lord in the flesh. Thats the goal: Celestial Glory. CELESTIAL GLORY! Dude, like, basically a year ago all I wanted was a lot of money, a Lamborghini, a replica model of Anduril. But now, I dont want any of those thigns. I mean ya, it would be nice, but its so unneccesary. Why have the world and lose my soul? Boy, thats unneccessary.
-Elder E-Dawg




No comments:

Post a Comment