Monday, November 14, 2016

I Need Thee Every Hour

Wow crap man. Sorry, Im not gonna be as funny this week. So, like, if thats the only reason you read my email... sorry.

Long week for sure.

So, I can officially say this week was the first time Ive cried in Africa. I killed my dad on Wednesday, and got thrown into a trio for a week. Well, I was scared. I knew that their sector was kind of... obscure and difficult. I knew all of their Amis have got some CRAZY PROBLEMS. Like, polygamy, drugs, dawry... just, they have some real problems with their Amis. And I was scared I wasnt going to be able to teach and progress my Amis because they were going to have to focus on theirs. I was honestly terrified.

I felt alone for a while. Just a day maybe, but I still felt alone. And Africa isnt a place you wanna feel alone! I went with them to their rendevous, and I helped teach. When I bore my testimony, I didnt feel alone. I knew that my Savior was with me.

On Thursday, my zone leader, Elder Pellevoizin, came and went on a split with me. We were able to go and teach one of my progressing amis who lives VERY FAR AWAY, and he was able to show me some of HIS amis, because Baguida was HIS first sector on the mission too! I didnt feel alone that day.

Friday morning,  I was doing my weekly planning and filling out my area book while the others were filling out theres. I was in a separate room, and I could hear them start to fight, and it got a little otu of hand. I went in there, calmed things down, and talked to each of them seperately and boldly and with the Spirit. I didnt feel alone then either.

I had more progressing investigators than just 1,,, I actually have 5. and I have 4 baptisms set for the 19th... THIS SATURDAY! AH. but I was blessed. I convinced the others to come with me and teach the other amis, and now theyre all on track for Saturday.

I dont feel alone anymore. :)

I know now that what my boy Paul said was true. Charity is the most important. Christ said (Paraphrased) He who tries to find his life, will lose it. But he who gives up his life for the Lord, will find it. I know thats true. I know that  my purpose is to Bring others to Christ and to help them recieve Him.

And it turns out, Im one of my own converts!

I love this gospel and Ive really seen it work miracles here!

I get my new companion on Wednesday, and hes from the Congo. I already know hes gonna be a stud.

I love you all!
Elder Vincent




Elder Vincent's house and his hand-washed laundry hung on the line

No comments:

Post a Comment