Monday, January 16, 2017

STORY OF MYYY LIIIIIFFFFEE!!!!!!

There is absolutely no joke to go alone with the title. Just last Wednesday when we were walking through the sector, and one of the boutiques that has the four 20 inch speakers was BLASTING One Direction, and I got "Story of my Life" stuck in my head. I probably sang it a good 47 times before my companion told me to shut up. THEN, the next day I heard him humming the tune. Wow, mission life, right?

This week was intense.
BUT MY DAUGHTER CAME TO CHURCH :D
 let me explain!

Theres a member here, and we'll call her Cammy, and she has a daughter who were gonna call Betsy. Betsy is 2! Shes the little girl in the picture!

BUT. GOSH DANG IT. CAMMY STOPPED COMING TO CHURCH WHICH MEANT THAT BETSY STOPPED COMING TOO.

Broke my heart.

But this week we passed the place Cammy worked, and Betsy was there, and Betsy called me Poppy! So everyone there started calling me her dad because she called me Poppy. I asked Cammy if she was coming to church, and she said no... SO THAT SUCKED.

Sunday when church started, all of the sudden, BETSY CAME RUNNING THROUGH THE DOOR AND JUMPED ON MY LAP. She followed me the entire day at church!

When I finally got to talk to Cammy, she told me that Betsy woke up at 5 in the morning, and started SCREAMING, saying that she wanted to see "Eda Viss!" :) I asked her how her sunday was at church, and she told me that she actually was missing it, and she was really glad her 2 year old got her to go back. (SCORE)

So ya, my daughter came to church. Whats good??!?!?!

Man, another story. We went searching for new amis who were close to our house because we are REALLLLLY lazy. So we walked past this one guy, who sells Propane, and I smiled at him and didnt think anything of it. But for some reason, we didnt talk to him then. But when we started walking back the same way, I saw him sitting there still, just smiling, looking at his phone. (He kinda reminds me of Uncle Ryan!) And I went up to him, gave him the brochure on the Plan of Salvation, we shook hands and we left.

I called him earlier this week and we went and taught him in the morning. We got through about half the Plan of salvation, and he had already read the brochure and had A LOT of questions!!! It was awesome, and his questions were great! After we bore our testimonies, he told us something that was really cool.

He said that the night before we passed his house, he had prayed to God to put him on the correct path. In the morning, when we passed his house, he said that he was speechless, and physically couldnt call us over. But we left, and he took that as a sign, that we werent for him.

BUT. WE CAME BACK
.
And he took THAT as a sign, that God works wonders.

The day after we contacted him, he proposed to his girlfriend. Man, his life is going pretty good! He then asked us a lot of questions about families and how we do marriage. it was really spirit driven and I could feel the Saviors love with us
.
I then asked him, "Lorsque vous priez, allez-vous demander de Dieu pour le verite de notre message? Je sais que le plan du Salut es vraiement le plan de Dieu. Il es parfait pour tout le monde."

And his response was, "Oui."

Just what every missionary wants to hear! :)

I love the way the Lord works through His missionaries, and its crazy how I dont even realize it half the time.

Africa is crazy, my companion included, and this work is definitely the work of the Lord :)

Je vous aime. Ma Francais grandeur chaque jour, merci a Dieu.

Elder Vincent




No comments:

Post a Comment