Monday, January 30, 2017

May It Be

So, My companion has a lot of music. Like, a lot. And his first companion gave him a LOT of Enya. This week, I have had the blessing of listening to Enya. Which reminds of Lord of the Rings.

WHICH.

Inspired me to tell my never-ending conflict with my mother, about why I cant have a sword. I have tried, and tried, and cried for my dearest mother to let me buy a sword, but never was I able to achieve my goal.

UNTIL THIS WEEK, WHEN I FOUND A LOOP HOLE.

A member gave me his family machete.
So, my mom said I couldn't buy it, nor could Tavas or Brandon, But she never said an African couldn't give me one.

The only problem is getting in through customs....

But really! This week was very humbling. We lost our electricity last Monday, and went 6 days without it.

It was a crazy experience. I had to sleep on the roof, cuz the room would get too hot. I woke up every morning to the natural alarm clock of the Muslims praying. It was the first time in my life, that I have actually HAD to buy my drinking water. I showered out of a bucket with bowl.

I was humbled. Look at me, an American, adjusting his life-style JUST A BIT, saying I was afflicted. HA! It got me looking at everyone a little different. That these people LIVE this humbled lifestyle EVERYDAY of their lives. My gratitude SKY ROCKETED this week.

Mom. Im so sorry I wouldnt eat taco soup or curry. Dad, Im sorry I complained about making a deck, cuz at least we had powertools.

Honestly, I feel my Saviors love everyday. And I think I'm doing a good job giving His love to others.
Thank you for your prayers :) I feel them.

Elder Vincent



ELDER MITCHELL






No comments:

Post a Comment