Monday, March 6, 2017

Va Ne Crains Pas

Va Ne Crains Pas is the title for the Hymn Be Still my Soul. But in direct translation it means "Go, Fear Not."

If there is one phrase that I say to myself, more than anything, is "Go, and Fear Not."
Elder Vincent, Go work, and fear not.
Elder Vincent, Go teach, and fear not.
Elder Vincent, Go, speak a language you don't know, and fear not.
Elder Vincent, Go, send home yet another companion, and fear not.

Elder Vincent, Go, and Fear Not.

The things in life worth doing, are the scary things. I bet it was scary for Abinadi to stand in front of King Noah and bear his testimony. I bet it was scary for the sons of Mosiah to go on their mission to the Lamanites. I guarantee it was scary for Samuel to stand on that wall, with the stones and arrows flying at him.

But they all had one thing in common, and that was the reason! Fear is often realated to darkness. Somewhere in the Book of Mormon it says "I was in the darkest abyss." Alma was sketched out of his mind. He feared what might happen to him. But then, he "Saw the glorious light of God." He came unto Christ.

He feared not.

There are scary things today too. Like talking to a bishop.
 Or even standing up to friends. (Ya'll be thinking that Im lying, but I was a teenager in Utah valley and yes, we had a LOT of disputes about church policies, and I had my times of being scared because of them. So, no. This is a real thing.)

Fear not.

I love my Lord. He has changed me in some crazy ways. I love this gospel, and I love what it does for people and families. I know Joseph Smith was the prophet who was called to restore the true church on the earth. I know that The plan of Salvation is the plan of God.

comme l'habitude Je vous aime tous.
-Elder Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment