This week has been...
We went to the hospital on Friday. My son has been having some really bad shoulder problems. Any and every prayer for him would be great.
I feel my Saviors love! I found a childrens song book in our apartment, and its been really fun reliving my glory days in primary, chanting The Birthday song and Gethsemane and all those rad songs. I can totally feel the love and power that are in those super simple words!
Before my mission, I was never like, a HUGE fan of the bible. I always thought that it was lesser than the Livre de Mormon.
But what the heck, where the crap did those thoughts even come from?!
The Bible is awesome.
As a missionary, we give a LOT of spiritual thoguhts. So I had to load my spiritual Minigun with a bunch of ammo, so I can shoot down all those surprise "Elder Vincent, Can you give the lesson?" or "Can you come our family home evening?"
But Ill have you know, I can shoot down everyone single one of those questions with a loud, and courageous,
HECK FREAKING yEAH! (this computer wont let me make the y capital....)
And one of my favorite "pense Spirtuelle" is John 8.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
So this story is bomb. I love it.
NONE. NOBODy is perfect. 0.
Jesus showed justice. BUT it was loving justice. Whoever was without sin, cast the first stone. Condemn. If you can say. "Im good." Cast the stone. Do it.
But. The people were all like, Shoot... And they left.
But who was still there?
The only Man to EVER live without sin. Jesus Christ. He was still there. I find that interesting. He said whoever was perfect, cast the first stone. And HE WAS.
But then He showed His perfect Mercy. He told her to repent. To go, and sin no more. This life is the life to learn and grow.
WE MAKE MISTAKES. This lady made a BIG one.
But we are not condemned.
So I would like to invite us all to repent. (ME INCLUDED) Go, and sin no more. I love in Mosiah 5
2 And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.
I hope we can all continue to convert OURSELVES, so that we can be partakers of the same sweet mercy that Jesus showed our sister a long time ago.
I love you all. Everyday I know that what Im doing is right. Everyday I get to talk about Joseph Smith. And I KNOW that throgh him, God restored HIS church on this earth. (That would be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, just so you know! :) ) I know that Our God will NEVER fail, nor forsake us. He's kind of a Good Guy!!!!
Je vous aime. Je sais que vous priez pour moi, et je peut ressent eux tous! Merci! Je prie pour vous aussi.
Dieu Soit avec vous jusqua au revoir!
Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment