A couple of weeks ago I talked about how we had 1 investigator at church, but my companion and I worked our butts off that whole week.
This last Sunday was the complete opposite.
Yesterday we had 8 investigators at church plus their little kids. With that, we had all of our members there too. Every chair in our small little "chapel" was filled. Elder Uaua and I talked about what happened after, and I was surprised he had the same feelings that I did.
This week hasnt been the most effective week work-wise. Uaua had been sick, and a lot of our rendezvous' fell through. We taught probably 5 or 6 lessons the entire week. We kind of played around a bit too, visiting members up in the mountains and going to a waterfall.
So with that, looking out at the congregation, and having people there, made me angry at first. I was thinking, "Why do you come now? Are you here just to tell us our work doesnt matter?" Again, I was angry. Satan is powerful, he really is, and he is really real.
But God is all-powerful. For the first time in a while, the opening hymn brought a smile to my face. The Togolais dont sing pretty, but they sing loud, and you cant help but smile! Thats when the Spirit hit me in the face again, and just confirmed to me that as much as I hate that people have their agency, its one of the greatest gifts that we have.
I have learned 2 really big things from both of these experiences: That my quality of work is extremely important. If I work hard, I can feel good about MYSELF no matter the final out come.
The second thing, is how imiportant humility is. The first time, when we worked hard, and had a crappy out-come, I was angry. I did not have the humility to see that I did good, but others made their choices. This week, I was angry too, but for different reasons. Luckily the Lord loves me a whole lot and helped me see through His eyes eventually. But if I had just had the humility in the first place, I wouldnt have had to take the chastisment!
Ive been out 11 months exactly today. Feels good. My testimony is still the same, but Ive realized something more about it, that its MY testimony. Before this, everyone just kinda told me that the Book of Mormon was true and Joseph Smith was a prophet, and I just believed them without really wanting to know the truth for myself. But like Moroni said, par le pouvoir du Saint Esprit vous pouvez connaitre la vérité de toute choses. Guaranteed he said it in french, and guaranteed I have had that still small voice answer my prayers.
I know Jesus is the Christ, and I know He is my Savior, and my Redeemer. I know He directs this church, and His work. :)
-Elder Vincent
No comments:
Post a Comment