Okay let me tell you.
I left Kpalime LAST Sunday.
That was heart wrenching.
I feel like I have a taste of what it was must feel like to be a Bishop, or a young mens leader, or even a primary teacher, who gave it their ALL, who put their blood, sweat, tear, laughs, time, soul into their calling,
And then got released.
It was hard. I had given a talk every Sunday in that little group for 6 months. I conducted Sacrament meeting, every Sunday, for 6 months. I had to make sure the Sacrament prayer was read write, for 6 months. I worked everyday with those members, for 6 months. For 6 months, I was "Le Chef du Village". Kpalime has a little piece of me.
I gave my final testimony. What I prepared to say, was not what I did say. I forgot what I wanted to say, but what the Spirit made come out my mouth, reassured me that this is the true church. I said I wanted to share 2 things, 1, that I know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the earth, and 2, Jesus Christ died for me, was resurrected, and He now LIVES for me. We talk of Christ, and we rejoice in Christ.
By the end, I was in tears. So was everyone else. It didnt help that we sang "God be with you Til we Meet again". The closing prayer was given in evve, but I understood every word. The Spirit can do stuff like that! After the Prayer, everything was silent. I stood up with tears in my eyes, and walked around the small like chapel, shaking my brothers and my sisters hands.
I love those people, and I know they love me. I know my mom was worried that maybe nobody would take care of me, but the Latter-Day Saints in Kpalime, Togo did. I will be eternally grateful to my God for the blessings and friendships and brotherships and for my little family in an obscure village in Togo.
-Elder Vincent
ps. I got transferred into the office. Basically I am in charge of all the mission finances in Togo. My companion is also the assistant that works here in Togo. GUARANTEED that doesnt make ANY sense to you guys, but thats the way it is.
pss. This picture was taken in the most expensive hotel in all of Togo. That painting behind me, is worth enough money to feed a Togolais family for a year or two. Good times. Good times....
No comments:
Post a Comment