Then there was this one time in Africa that I got basically terminal malaria, and then got a stomach ulcer from the doxycycline thats supposed to prevent malaria, and then in turn got staph infection again.
Both situations suck, but they both have their blessings. I didnt have to go to school for like 2 weeks when I was at home, and out here........ I'll let you know when I figure it too, but I know theres gotta be one!
This week, Clyde and I buckled down and prepared our baptismal candidates. A lot of kilometers were walked, a lot of lessons were taught and questions asked, and a stomach ulcer was definitely suffered. But the Spirit was felt so that makes up for it all.
We had a total of 4 baptisms on Saturday (And it was a MIRACLE that they were all ON TIME to church to be confirmed!) It was a really overwhelming experience! We baptized to young men, 1 of which I mentioned last week, Blandin. Blandin is the cousin of the bishop, and Blandin is the 1st member of bishops family to join the church. Bishop Dofenyo is my really great friend, and we asked him to baptize Blandin. It was a really touching moment to watch, and I have no idea how to share my feelings about it. It really made me think about my family, and how I am so grateful, SO GRATEFUL, to know that my family can be together forever. After bishop left the water, he prophecied to me, "One down, a lot more to go." We already have another baptismal date for another one of his cousins.
Saturday was really sweet until about 18hr, when we got a call from the assistants. Im gonna be staying in Baguida, but Elder Clyde is leaving me for a Tahitian. I thought he would be more loyal than that but oh well. Ill be better off with Elder Bradshaw anyway.
@Elder Vincent
The first 2 pics are with Clyde, myself and our baptismals cadidates. The 3rd is with me and my boi Bishop Dofenyo
No comments:
Post a Comment