Monday, February 12, 2018

Modest Mouse Redux

I just want to apologize for all of you who saw the video I sent home last week, and maybe lost some faith in what I am doing. It did not relate well as to how and what changes I have made in my life. Im sorry for the image I made for myself, and I hope that in this message I can redeem that in some way.

This week, I was on a split with my zone leader. We were teaching a lesson to a family who is preparing for their baptism this coming Saturday. Theres one girl in the family, named Clarice. She is a very kind and quiet girl, and we wanted her to participate in the lesson. We asked her if she could read a verse for us out of the book of Mormon. She tried for maybe 5 minutes, and then looked at us with teary eyes, "Elders, I cant read." We said it was okay, and we continued with the lesson. By the end, she had felt the Spirit just and much as we the missionaries did. I was bearing the routine testimony at the end, and I felt propted to tell her, that if their family would read the Book of Mormon daily, and she put forth a whole hearted effort, that I knew she would learn how to read with Gods help. It was silent for a minute, and then she said, "I will read." with conviction and a kind of, shady smile! She went from feeling incomplete, WITHOUT hope, to still feeling incomplete but WITH hope.  I cannot wait to see her progress.

Blandin is another one of our investigators, and he's difinitely a stud! Every next rendezvous we have with him, he has a new investigator for us! Its like as soon as he found a little truth, and a little light, all he wants to do is share that with the world. I testify that Blandin is definitely not hiding his candle under a bushel, but he is a light to the world!

Im not sure if this is innappropriate to say, but I definitely have a favorite investigator and his name is Benoit. I sent home a picture of him last week in between my companion and me. Benoit, or as weel call him, Benny, has really taught me a lot. He is definitely what I would consider a modern Captain Mormoni. His understanding is perfect. We asked him what faith was, and he gave us an example that I will NOW be using to teach faith! "I have never seen my name before, but that doesn't mean that it isn't there. I am Benny. You are Vincent. I know you are Vincent." We've only been with him for about 4 weeks, but I already know that this man has a desire to know the things of eternity.

I know that the Lord is in this work. I see his hand everyday. I feel so inadequate for it on the daily. But I know the field is white and ready to harvest. I know my efforts are being blessed, and I hope that the people I am teaching and finding will feel the value of the things my companion and I can share.

@Elder Vincent


No comments:

Post a Comment