Saturday, September 24, 2016

THE MYTH IS BROKEN

OKAY. FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT CREAM SODA TREE: IT EXISTS. BUT ITS NOT AS COOL AS YOU THINK IT IS. THERE IS MULTIPLE TREES IN THE MTC THAT SMELL LIKE CREAM SODA, MEANING, there is NOTHING special about it! It is a SPECIES of trees that smells like Cream Soda. SO. DEBUNKED. SORRY FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THAT THE TREES IN THE MTC WERE SPECIAL. CUZ THEYRE NOT. BOOM. 

OKAY. SO. With that out of the way....

The Elders became sisters this week. Before every class, our teacher, Frere Ritchie, has us start with a song. Well, Elder Baker has this handy-dandy little guide, that shows him the translations for all the hymns. Its basically an Urim and Tummim for hymns. Well, Elder was delighted to put down hymn 201, As Sisters in Zion. So, our teacher comes in, and h e saw the hymn, and like a parent whose children wouldnt eat his dinner, he made us sing the hymn. It was SO SAD. HA! 11 Elders, stuck in one room together, LITERALLY singing in our highest falcetto possible. DANG. #MOTABBound

On another note, The MTC is having a choir for General Conference!  For Saturday Afternoon session! Man, I really hope you guys try looking for me!!! But its gonna be really sad when you're at home in your PJ's chowing down on some goodies getting frustrated cuz you cant find good ol Elder Vincent because he didnt get asked to be in it. HA. Elder Harris, Elder Baker, and Elder Larson did tho!!! You have no idea how happy I am for them! Its gonna be way cool watching GC with 1000 missionaries. (If I sound bitter about it right now, IM NOT. Elder Abbott just woke me up from my weekly P-Day nap so Im a bit snippy!)

ALRIGHT. SO. I DID IN FACT STICK MY HAND IN A TOILET. We have a class from 6 to 9 oclock every night, and some days it just gets REALLLLLY FLIPPING long. Like really long. And Elder Vincent gets a little Derrière blesser. (Have fun google translating that)  And One night, during the designated potty break, Elder Vincent Really really REALLY had to use the toilet. NOT the urinal. WELL, SOME OTHER DISOBEDIENT ELDERS, decided they were gonna clog 1 of the 2 toilets in our sad little bathroom. And by clog, I mean, they LITERALLY JUST SHOVED TOILET PAPER IN THE TOILET IN ORDER FOR IT TO GET CLOGGED. I thought that only happened in movies. But no, It also happens in the MTC. Well, Elder Vincent was taking crap from NO MAN that potty break. So Elder Vincent took off his Watch, removed his ring, and went in. I successfully removed all the toilet paper, and a couple plastic spoons from the toilet. I washed my hands, did my business and went back to class. :)

Okay, I'll talk about some more spiritual things now.

On Wednesday, I started to study Enos. In 1 hour, I successfully read 9 verses. That may sound like I was REALLY bad at studying. But actually, it was because I followed every cross-reference, expounded on every verse. I have truly come to know that the spirit resides and can teach something from most if not every verse. that was a read study section. The next day, I only studied 5 verses. And the spirit prompted to follow Enos' example and just, pray. I just, prayed. I let my soul out. I prayed for probably 45 minutes, but I wished it was longer. I know the importance of prayer, and I know the Lord with answer our prayers if they are, "...with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ." (Moroni 10:4) So, just as Moroni would, I would also exhort you to pray with a sincere heart, real intent, and with a whole lot of faith in Christ. I know your prayers will be answered. 

I love all of you :) I love this gospel, I love my Lord, and I DEFINITELY love my companion.

With Love,
Elder Ethan Glen Vincent




No comments:

Post a Comment