Monday, February 20, 2017

I took a pill in Baguida

I took a pill In Baguida,
To Show the Lord I was Obedient,
But it doesnt even matter how long I was throwing up cuz I forgot that you are supposed to take your doxy with food.

That was an interesting night!

But wow! IM A DAD.
My new companion came, Elder Hansen! I think Ive mentioned it before, that Im gonna be training. Im training an American. A white boy. An Angla-phone.
In Africa!
I mean that all seems normal to me, then I say "In Africa" and I start smiling and get chills and everything. OOH MAN IM IN AFRICA. IT FINALLY HIT ME. Like FINALLY.

Its been really cool starting this training. In Ether 12:27 it says if we humble ourselves, He will show us our weaknesses.
I must have humbled myself, cuz oh man, I DEFINITELY found my weaknesses!!!! :)
BUT Ive also been able to see my strengths. Its INSANE how much Ive grown in 6 months. I can speak functionally. I can read in french, without needing to translate it now. I can teach with confidence.
I can feel my Saviors love! For me, for my companion, and DEFINITELY for our amis! :)

But another thing hit me this week.
I heard something somewhere, I think Bednar but dont quote me on that, said that if you learn something from what your saying or teaching, thats how you know you have the Holy Ghost.
I was telling Elder Hansen all the scary things he gonna see, and talk about, and eat. But at the end of it, I said "Youre gonna love it though. Cuz I love it here."

Up until last night, I never knew that. But the Holy Ghost decided to talk through me, to teah me. He told me that I love it here.
I love it here.
I love doing this.
So, like, last night I raised an Ebenezer. Because I love what Im doing, and I love my call!

Comme l'habitude, je vous aime. Vous me manque, mais Je sais que le Seigneur vas améliorer mon vie and vos vies respectif. Gardez-vous les commandements toujour. Dieu soit avec vous jusqu’au revoir.

Elder Vincent


No comments:

Post a Comment